Over the last year or so, Aadhaar has gained tremendous importance as the most trusted unique ID, empowering all Indians. After linking Aadhaar with other identity documents, phones and financial institutions, now it’s time to link it with your driving license.
This measure has been taken to monitor all traffic violations and get rid of frauds like fake licenses and multiple driving licenses by a single person. NIC has developed a software “Sarthi-4”, to make the process of linking driving license with Aadhaar, simple and hassle free.
- Verification becomes easy.
- This will make the online application and registration process simpler.
- This will help in troubleshooting the issues of fake, duplicate and multiple licenses.
- Anyone violating the traffic rules can be easily traced.
- This will help create a Government database leading to increase in the potential for a National safety factor.
How to Link Aadhaar Number with your Driving License Online
- To link your Driving License with your Aadhaar Number you will have to visit the website of the RTO that has issued you the driving license.
- Click on the Aadhaar Option Link.
- From the dropdown option select driving license and enter your Driving License Number.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and submit.
- To complete this online process, your mobile number should be registered with your Aadhaar Card, as it would be needed to complete the verification process. Once you submit, you will receive an one time password on your Aadhaar-linked Mobile Number.
- Enter the received OTP in the given space and submit. Wait for the message, “You have successfully linked your Aadhaar Number with your Driving License”.
How to Link Aadhaar Number with your Driving License Offline
- To link your Aadhaar with Driving License you will have to visit the RTO that has issued you the driving license.
- Request for Aadhaar linking Form from the concerned person.
- Fill up all necessary details in the form, including your driving license number, Aadhaar number, full name, address etc.
- Take a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card and Driving License and attach it with the form.
- Submit the form with these supporting documents to the concerned department. You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number once your Aadhaar is successfully linked with your Driving License
With Aadhaar being mandated for all transactions now, do ensure you link it with your driving license at the earliest to avoid being inconvenienced later on.