The festive season is just around the corner and while we all draw out lists of things to be bought, replaced, refurbished, many of us wait for this opportune time to buy our most prized possession, a car. For some of us, it may be our first car and therefore extra special, making it a very important and well thought-through decision. For others, it may be upgrading or replacing an old one, but the decision is equally critical, what with the wide variety of makes, models and specs available. To ease that pressure off you, here’s a list of small cars to buy this festive season.
- Tata Tiago: The newest hatchback offering from the Tatas comes packed with a 1.2 litre Revotorn engine in the petrol version and a 1.05 litre Revotorq engine in the diesel variant. The Petrol variant offers a mileage of 23.84 km/l, while the diesel gives a mileage of 27.26 km/l. It has 5 high speed gears and hard to miss looks. The exterior looks elegant while the interiors come fitted with good quality components and great finishing. These features make it an extremely lucrative option at 3.2 – 5.4 lakhs.
- Ford Figo: The Ford Figo has come out with a powerful and successful hatchback model with a 1196 cc petrol engine and 1498 cc diesel engine. It comes with both manual and automatic transmission with the petrol version offering a mileage of 18.16 km/l and the diesel version, 25.83 km/l. It has smooth and snazzy looks and is a breeze to drive, making it a serious value for money consideration at a price range of 4.47 – 7.68 lakhs.
- Hyundai I10 Grand: The Hyundai I10 Grand comes with the Petrol and LPG variants. It has a 1086 cc engine with manual transmission although the petrol version comes with an automatic variant. It has 5 speed gears and a mileage of 19.81 km/l. The icing on the cake is the excellent after sales support provided by Hyundai. If you’re looking for a comfortable ride in the city with great interiors, the I10 in the price range of 4.86 – 6.98 lakhs takes the cake.
- Maruti Alto K10: Priced between 3.26 – 4.11 lakhs, the Maruti Alto K10 makes for a great value for money proposition. Although the latest version has omitted features like fog lamps and bode coloured ORVMs, it more than makes up for it with better interiors and great finishing. It is powered by a 1.0 l engine and has 5 speed manual and auto transmissions models. Its mileage at 24.07 km/l is an added attraction.
- Renault Kwid: The Renault Kwid id one of the best selling cars in the segment and has world class features and exteriors. It has a 799 cc petrol engine with a 5 speed manual transmission. Along with a mileage of 25.17 km/l and an attractive price range of 2.62 – 3.67 lakhs, the Renault Kwid has everything going for it to be a top grosser in the small car segment.
So go ahead, take your pick. There is something here that suits every taste and pocket. This festive season, get home your dream car.